March 25, 2003



Bloggus Interruptus:

Though this little rantspace is just getting going, I'll be interrupting myself to go into the hospital on the 31st of March.

I have the pleasure of being an epileptic, and as yet, medication therapy has been just shy of useless. Add in the expense and the lovely side effects, and it falls well below the threshold of stunningly useless.

So, I shall be hooked up to an EEG, microphone, and video surveillance cameras for five straight days without pause, locked in a tiny room with myself as the meds are with held in an attempt to provoke seizures to better understand their origin. The concept is to use this information to formulate a basis for a more aggressive treatment.

Yes, that includes brain surgery, so to speak. I shall be lobotomized and reduced to the role of play-friend for Georgie W.

No comments: