July 20, 2005

Getting pumped

Well, not really.

I'm currently going off my feed of bad CableSpews programming, so I've been unable to work myself into a righteous lather about the Shrub's appointment to the Supreme Court.

*Snore*.

Another right wing, pro-business, anti-regulation lawyer - sounds like most of the administration and its lackey army. Perhaps the 99 degree heat here on the Southern Plains has me in a profound malaise, but I really don't care who this man is. I already know what I need to know of him - the finer points of his particular stripe of neo conservatism doesn't interest me.

I also don't care about the upcoming nomination "fight" because a fight it will not be. The alleged "party of opposition" relinquished it's remaining shred of dignity when it chose to compromise with the majority party over judicial nominees, all of whom were more objectionable than the current one. This means the dog and pony show will be short, full of hype, and end in a near unanimous vote in favor.

Like I said, I cannot care about this. Those fucks running the show are already quite capable of fucking all of us in our nether holes - one more shitbag can hardly foul the waters any further.


No comments: